GAZA
Scheduled demonstrations of oppositon blocs on June 30 in Egypt to topple President Mohamed Morsi and the ruling Freedom and Justice Party (FJP), are making Palestinians in Gaza uneasy.
Planned large-scale demonstrations to take place in Egypt, created anxiety amongst Gazaians for the tunnels and the Rafah border gate between Egypt and Gaza, which is the only gate for Gazaians opening to the world, were to be closed and even the basic needs would not to be provided, Gazans told AA.
The National Salvation Front (NSF), the biggest liberal bloc in Egypt, announced the demonstrations would start on May 30 which will be the first anniversary of Morsi's coming to power as president.
Saying a security problem could occur as a result of clashes between different groups, Gazans said.
A Palestinian told his hopes for Egyptian public to not tighten the blockade implemented to Gaza.
NSF is supported by the Black Bloc, defined as a "terror organization" by law and has been active in the demonstrations in the last year.
Strong Egyptian Party leader Abdel Moneim Aboul Fotouh, former Muslim Brotherhood member, expressed support for the demonstrations to be held.
One of the leading names of the oppositon party Mohamed Baradei has been calling for supporters of the ousted leader Hosni Mubarak to attend the protests. Baradei claimed that June 30 would be the last day of the ruling Ikhwan (Moslim Brotherhood).
englishnews@aa.com.tr