Lina Altawell
08 April 2026•Update: 08 April 2026
ISTANBUL
The Israeli army struck more than 100 sites “within 10 minutes” in Lebanon, in the “largest” coordinated strike since the start of the current offensive in the country, the military said on Wednesday.
A military statement claimed that the attacks targeted sites linked to Hezbollah across multiple areas in Beirut, the Beqaa Valley and southern Lebanon.
The army alleged that the targeted sites included command-and-control centers and other infrastructure used to launch attacks against Israeli targets.
There was no immediate comment from Hezbollah on the Israeli claim.
The attacks came hours after the US and Iran announced a two-week truce on Tuesday aimed at paving the way for a final agreement to end a war launched by Washington and Tel Aviv against Tehran on Feb. 28, which has left thousands dead and wounded.
Pakistani mediators said the truce includes Lebanon, while Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said it does not. Hezbollah has so far adhered to the ceasefire despite continued Israeli strikes.
Lebanese media said that at least eight people were killed and 22 others wounded in an Israeli strike targeting the southern Lebanese city of Sidon on Wednesday after the truce was announced.
Israel has carried out airstrikes and a ground offensive in southern Lebanon since a cross-border attack by Hezbollah on March 2, despite a ceasefire that took effect in November 2024.
Lebanese authorities said that at least 1,530 people have since been killed and 4,812 others injured in the Israeli attacks.